Spiders and all kinds of insects are not a serious threat as long as they do not make your home theirs too!
Especially during the summer season, these pests can become your worst enemies, and their elimination might even seem impossible! However, you will definitely find the following fact useful: they hate the smell of peppermint!
Therefore, in order to keep them at bay, just mix some peppermint oil and water into a spray bottle, and spray all around the house, especially on the doors, windows, and in your garden.
Spiders are scary little creatures that crawl basement, bathroom or even living room. Most varieties like dark places like your subfloor air vents or attic. These crawling creatures feed on insects by breaking them down with the help of the digestive enzymes in their mouth.
Spiders invade your home through tiny cracks, windows, doors or you just bring them in with the rest of the stuff you carry every day.
Getting rid of spices can be quite challenging, but we strongly suggest that you use our natural method. Keep in mind that spiders hate the scent of peppermint. Yes, there is scientific evidence proving this theory.
Peppermint oil contains compounds that repel spiders. Therefore, in order to keep them at bay, just mix some peppermint oil and water into a spray bottle, and spray all around the house, especially on the doors, windows, and in your garden.
It’s a volatile oil, so try to use it in regular frequents. Use another dose after 12 hours.
- Add 10-15 drops of peppermint oil to a spray bottle filled with water
- Add more oil if the solution isn’t “minty” enough
- Spray any cracks, holes and spaces
- You can also put a few drops of peppermint oil on a cotton bud, and push it into any holes or cracks
Did you know that peppermint oil is a excellent mice repellent? As you can see, this oil is the easiest and cheapest way to keep pests away.
- Tidy your rooms
- Spray surfaces with white vinegar
- Keep a few chestnuts on your windowsills or countertops
- Do the same thing with citrus peels
- Tobacco and baking soda can be of great assistance, too
Isn’t it amazing?