If you ever had your doubts about waterparks and their ability to bring joy to children across the globe, this article is bound to change that belief.
Namely, the newest water park called Morgan’s Inspiration Island, located in San Antonio, Texas just announced that it is built in such way to allow people with disabilities to enjoy all summer long!
Aqua parks are usually considered somewhat dangerous, and this fact escalated when it comes to people with disabilities, so to know that someone thought of a genius way to fix that issue, is extraordinary.
“Our goal is to provide a great guest experience in an inclusive, safe, comfortable, not-overly-crowded environment,” explained founder of the park, Gordon Hartman.
He has already collaborated with numerous medical entities, parents, teachers, special needs therapists, and caregivers to get the facts right and to help build a park that will serve for these people’s joy.
Also, at the site, parents will have traceable bracelets at their disposal to help them locate their kids with ease. The park offers PneuChairs, air-powered, waterproof rent-free wheelchairs as well.
Even more so, the park is able to regenerate water heaters to switch up temperatures if needed.
“Morgan’s Inspiration Island promises to give individuals with physical or cognitive special needs a place where they can splash and play without barriers,” Gordon added. “[It] is not a special-needs park; it’s a park of inclusion.”
- The park is a piece of Morgan’s Wonderland, located in San Antonio, Texas
- The name originates from Hartman’s daughter, Morgan is also struggling with disabilities
- Assisting him in building the Morgan’s Inspiration Island were doctors, parents, teachers, special needs therapists, and caregivers
- The park is suitable for people suffering from various types of disabilities
- By using traceable bracelets, parents can locate their children more easily
You can find more info on Morgan’s Wonderland.